Archery is a wonderful sport for girls and boys! Through the archery program, we will teach students to:
- gain value for teamwork, self-discipline, and a strong work ethic. They will learn that the contribution to the team is more important than individual achievements or goals
- exhibit self-control, honesty, and a spirit of cooperation
- exhibit characteristics of a good winner, as well as a gracious loser in defeat. Sportsmanship is an important aspect of the program.
- appreciate the skills and abilities of his/her opponents
- exhibit an understanding of how to cope in a positive manner with the competitive nature of athletics and the sport of archery
We compete in more than 10 local tournaments throughout the year! Students begin the year shooting in preparation for each monthly competition in hopes that we will be successful in our regional, state and national championships in the Spring!